Monday, March 5, 2012

128 Days.

"If you build it they will come..."....or in my case "If you live it...they will go". I am talking about the pounds I have been carrying around with me unnecessarily, the 20 (and after some crazy weeks of recklessness 30) pounds I need to lose to be back to my pre-baby weight. Yes, it has been a long time since pregnancy, but as we Moms know, time flies. Ultimately I'd like to lose 40lbs, but for now, it's time to get back to pre-kids weight, and then decide where to go from there.

Time and time again I have fallen victim to my internal anti-will power, listening to it's promises of... "this one bowl of ice cream, or extra helping of scalloped potatoes won't make or break your waistline". Earth to Shaunna...it was lying, because day in and day out that one (or 5) innocent indulgence(s), are exactly where my weight problem lies. I have tried and failed too many times to count, I have declared my commitment over and over again only to find myself standing still. Feeling guilt and defeat all the time. I do realize that every failure brings me one step closer to the time I succeed. I see that I am learning about myself, my limitations, and my strengths. Which is exactly the experience I need to know what it is have have to do. Time to stop going around in circles, the only way to go is forward.

For those of you wondering what my game plan is....

I will be getting up when my alarm goes off, not hitting snooze 3 times, and talking myself into sleeping longer instead of showering in the morning. I will eat breakfast, a smoothie or oatmeal (I will post recipes). I will drink a lot of water. Lunch will always be light and healthful. Snacking will be cut down to a minimum and only when I am hungry, not because it's been scheduled in. I will choose my meals as they come, dinner being the exception, no more planning the days food out ahead of time. I have learned that does not work out well for me, because then I over think food, I obsess about when and what comes next. It's AWFUL. My dinner portions will be cut in half. My number one worst habit is night time snacking, so I will do my best to stop eating after 7pm.

I will to walk to pick up the kids everyday, weather permitting, and walk/jog/run for an hour 3-4 times a week. I will attempt to do 50 crunches every morning when I wake up, I will have time because I'll be waking up half and hour earlier, right?! I will always clean the house with the music on...for one, house cleaning sucks, and music makes it better. For two, I get inspired to bust a move to certain songs, and that my friends, helps my in my fight to "move more".

This all seems like a lot, but they as a whole are just minor alterations of how I go about my day... things I have been able to do before, and know I can do again. I have a vision... and I am going to start living it now.

I am healthy, I am strong. I eat food for nourishment, to feed my body, and on occasion my soul. I am active, I do crunches, I dance, I run, sometimes I do yoga, I take my dog for daily walks, I play guitar. I feel great, and look amazing. I make my husbands jaw drop. I set a healthy example for my kids, I inspire others to do the same... Watch me prove it.


No comments:

Post a Comment