Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cleaning the Slate.

I had a little slip this past week with Easter and all, but I am back on the wagon and buckling in for the ride. I really need to live and breathe this new lifestyle if I expect to have decent results by my 29th (gulp) birthday. I missed a few days of the gym last week, but hope to make up for it this week with super healthy clean eating, and an extra day of the gym.

Life around the house is peacefully uneventful. Spaceman has made leaps and bounds in the attitude department, and the more good days we have the more effortless it becomes. I have been trying to spring clean, though the weather seems to be unsure of Springs arrival, my internal clock is screaming for household organization. When the house is organized, my mind is quieter. I spent the entirety of yesterday morning organizing Hunny's room, throwing out all the junk, broken toys, and garbage she has so sweetly accumulated. She just loves to fill empty space with "stuff", purses, containers, pockets, corners, like a cute and less hairy pack rat.

I am constantly thinking of what to do in September when my house is kid free for the better part of  the day. I toss and turn at night wondering how I will make it all work. I try to tell myself (and believe it), that things will all come together. Unfortunately a job will not just be sitting there waiting for me to be ready for it. I have to make it happen. For now I am concentrating on this summer with my kids, because it may be the last one I have off with them, once I get through that I will go into career mode. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. The thing that has defined me for the last 7 years is being a stay-at-home Momma. When I am not that woman anymore.....who will I be?

Weekly Words to Live By:
Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.
-Jon Bon Jovi

No comments:

Post a Comment