Monday, April 18, 2011

A Perfect Reflection Starts on the Inside.

Weeks 1, 2, and 3 down, I'm starting into week 4. I can feel the high of being active, and eating better. If only I could bottle this feeling and stockpile it for when the lull in motivation comes, and I know it will. I have lost 5 lbs officially (yay!), it has taken 3 weeks which the old Shaunna would find discouraging, but the new me knows that's a decent loss for this stage in the game, and the slower it comes off the more likely it stays off. I do feel that now that I have a few workouts under my belt it might be time to step it up in the healthy eating department. After all weight loss is all based on calories in and calories out.

Like I said I feel great, and I can see the reflection it is leaving on the other aspects of my life. I feel like a better person. Well the same person, with major upgrades! I feel a little sad that it has taken me this long to try this hard, kind of mourning the time I would have had to feel great in my body. That being said, there is no way to go back. Forward is the only direction, so on I go, shutting those negative thoughts off the best I can.

I took measurements of my chest, waist, and hips, with ribbon (and cut them to my exact size). Once a month I am going to re-measure and cut off the bits I've lost, I will tape those bits to my fridge and use them as motivation... A visual reminder of my progress. This along with my crazy daily weigh in's (torture I know! but I can't help it), and photo updates should be enough to keep the fire under both of my asses! ;P

Weekly words to live by:
The things we hate about ourselves aren't more real than things we like about ourselves.  ~Ellen Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment