Monday, April 11, 2011

A little Get Up and Go(ji)!

Bad news is I have given my belly fat a name (HERBERT....cause Herbert likes sherbert!). Don't they say if you find a stray pet and give it a name you are doomed to keep it? Well hopefully not, because this "pet" is not a welcome guest. Herbert this is you're eviction notice!

MJB and I had a fun date night on Friday, at the Fest of Ale, which was definitely damaging to my weight loss progress, but was amazing for my relationship with my husband. It has been a long time since we had a night out together, without kids (over night might I add), it just felt really good to reconnect on a husband and wife level.

With two weeks of Gymin' it under my belt, I feel the pride kicking in. The fact that I am finally doing something about Herbert (and his chubby friends that like to hang out around my extremities) makes me feel better about myself already, even though no obvious physical changes have taken place. That's the key right there, just taking ownership of my flaws, and holding myself responsible (says the girl who drank her weight in beer on Friday, oops) for my actions. I will try my hardest not to get discouraged, and my best to eat healthy (with an innocent cheat here and there for my sanity's sake).

My brother in law is big into his health (a granola muncher if you will), he's always getting us to try new things, and these days it's 4 new items he swears by, dried Goji berries, chia seed, buckwheat, and golden flax. He soaks them in water at night for his morning bowl of oatmeal. I mixed them in into my smoothie, that I reluctantly drank this morning because I was far from hungry. I did a little research on each of these little gems, and apparently eating them will do me wonders (just so long as I don't turn into a full on granola muncher).

I intend to do a photo update on May 1st, and hopefully we see a little less of Herbert, and a little more Shaunna!

Weekly Words to live by:

Success is sweet, the sweeter if long delayed and attained through maulfold struggles and defeats. -A. Bronson Alcott

No comments:

Post a Comment